عرض المشاركة وحيدة
قديم 27/02/2005, 03:28 PM
صورة عضوية The Heart
The Heart The Heart غير متواجد حالياً
مـشــــــــرف

تاريخ الانضمام: 14/02/2005
الإقامة: Eye of the Storm
المشاركات: 962
) شاب في الثلاثين من عمره لديه فتحة في القلب منذ الصغر، تم عمل الفحوصات اللازمة ومن ثم نصحه الاطباء بعدم اجراء عملية جراحية لهذه الفتحة....
ماهو تأثير هذه الفتحة على قلب المصاب في المستقبل؟
وهل نسبة اصابته بالأمراض القلبية اكثر من الشخص الطبيعي؟

Thank you for your question,and sorry for answering you in english this week and i promise you of more details in arabic next week
I am not quite sure about what diagnosis you mean as a hole in the heart is a general term but most of the time it means either a a VSD which is a hole between the right and left ventricles or an ASD which is between the two smaller heart champers,the ATRIA
VSD which i think it is the diagnosis you mean is usually diagnose during childhood and can be a small or larg significant defect ,larger defects required a surgical treatment as if lift untreated can cause heart failure and patient will develope pulmonary hypertension with blood flowing from right to left which is a blood with no oxygen and when this happen it is late to do anything surgically about it,however small VSD can be lift without treatment and have no significant effect on the patient life espicially as you said it was diagnosed during childhood and he is 30 years now as a larg VSD will usually cause problems if not treated during the childhood period,so i will agree that this should be lift alone and no surgical treatment is required but he should always remember that infection can affect this defect and antibiotics required if he is going for any other operation including tooth extraction or similar treatment.

ASD can be found at any age and usually required surgical treatment which can be done these days with a simple devise closure but very small holes can be lift untreated with followup to see if any changes that required surgical treatment,i will not go in details for this one as i dont think this is the diagnosis you mean.

so in summary,small VSD cause no significant problems and can be lift alone whereas larg VSD required surgical treatment earlly in life(diagnosis is done by ultrasound for the hear called echocardiography and this can diffrentiate between significant and smaller VSDs)

thank you